New Competition for 8-11 Year Olds
County Armagh Junior GIRLS' Section presented a cheque for £236 to Lynne Robinson representative for the Neo Natal Unit at Craigavon Area Hospital.
The money was collected when the girls held a raffle at their coffee morning held in the club on Saturday 23 rd April. Also included in the photograph are Mrs Una Cullinane (Lady Captain at CAGC), Mrs Maura McCreesh (Junior Girls' Convenor) and Mrs Margaret Gordon (who works very closely with the girls).
• Slightly open club face
• Steep L to L swing
• On down swing try to think of cutting ball in half
• Feet alignment slightly open to target (left of Target)
• Long bunker shot take extra club
• Keep legs from moving too much
• Make sure to make good turn
• Keep club face just above right hand side of ball
• All above as per demonstration and all who took part well done
Short Game Recap
• Pitch and Run
• L to L swing plane
• Have fun and create different challenges to improve your game
Saturday 9 th April Stableford
Winner White/Green Adam Cromwell 39pts
Winner Blue Jamie McKenna 43pts
Golfer of The Year
The Gerry Waters Golfer of the Year competition will run throughout the competitive season. The following tournaments will count towards Golfer of Year Competition
28th May Centenary Cup (Stroke)
25th June Club Stroke
16th July Captains Prize (Stroke)
30th July Juvenile Convenors Cup (Stroke)
13th August Professional's Shield (Stroke)
10th September Club Stroke
The lowest aggregate score (four out of six scores to count) will win the title.
• Always be early for your tee time
• Make sure that no one is standing too close when you swing your club
• When practicing your swing never swing in the direction of another player
• Do not hit a ball until you are sure the players in front are out of range
The 2016 season is nearly underway and preparations should be in place to be ready.
First week 9 th April, meeting on putting green @ 14:00pm to discuss Pre-competition preparation, also diary keeping. Can you provide yourself with a cheap pocket diary to keep notes of first 8 week coaching plan, and for rest of season.
The Junior Girls Captain's Day was held on Monday 3 rd August. The Junior Girls Captain Aoife Lennon presented the prizes which were kindly sponsored by Gerry McCreesh.
Aoife Lennon ( Junior Girls Captain) seated 4 from the right flanked by Club Captain Richard Black and Lady Vice Captain Una Cullinane.